The International Baccalaureate® (IB) is more than its educational programmes and certificates. At our heart we are motivated by a mission to create a better world through education.
We value our hard earned reputation for quality, for high standards and for pedagogical leadership. We achieve our goals by working with partners and by actively involving our stakeholders, particularly teachers.
We promote intercultural understanding and respect, not as an alternative to a sense of cultural and national identity, but as an essential part of life in the 21st century.
All of this is captured in our mission statement:
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
At BSJ we aim to align our Mission with that of the IB:
To Inspire, Challenge and Nurture for Excellence
Our Guiding Principles:
- to sustain our reputation for academic excellence by providing a rigorous and balanced international curriculum.
- to enable our students to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
- to foster leadership abilities in our students within a friendly and caring community that inspires, challenges and reflects our international ethos.
- to enable our students to develop a strong sense of belonging, respect and social responsibility in order to create a better more peaceful world.
- to be internationally recognized for our commitment to education for international understanding and partnerships.